A Law Firm with a Winning Tradition
Unfortunately, accidents happen every day. Many result in serious injuries that need medical treatment, which can lead to hefty and unexpected expenses. If the accident was caused by another person’s negligence or reckless actions, they could be financially liable for damages. These matters can be complicated, and trying to handle them without the help of a skilled attorney can be challenging.
If you were seriously injured in an accident, it’s crucial to seek the help of a skilled attorney. At Rogosheske, Rogosheske & Atkins, PLLC, our St. Paul personal injury lawyers know the laws concerning your rights. We’ll guide you through the claims or lawsuit process and will work toward obtaining just compensation on your behalf.
Let our team help with your case. Call us at (651) 413-9004 today.
Navigating Complex Personal Injury Laws
To successfully file a personal injury claim or lawsuit, you must have a thorough grasp of the law. However, it can take a great deal of time to learn everything you need to know for your case. When you hire our St. Paul personal injury lawyers, you will have someone on your side who knows the ins and outs of the law in your area. We know what needs to be taken care of to file your claim and the deadlines you must meet. We will do everything in our legal power to see that your case is taken care of properly, seeking fair compensation for you.
Thoroughly Researching and Evaluating Your Case
To seek the compensation you deserve, you must determine your claim’s worth by considering various factors.
The things you must assess include, but are not limited to:
- The extent of your injuries
- The medical expenses you accumulated
- The amount of time you had to take off of work
Unfortunately, many people who try to handle their cases on their own might not know how to determine their claim’s worth, leaving them open to being taken advantage of. Our St. Paul personal injury lawyers know how to evaluate the damages you suffered and make an accurate demand for compensation.
If you suffered damages after an accident, you might wonder what you could do to recover compensation. Although you might have an insurance claim, it may not be enough. Additionally, you may want to look at other options, including initiating a personal injury lawsuit. Before getting started with either, you must determine whether or not you have a case.
Below are a few questions to ask yourself before meeting with a lawyer:
- Did you suffer injury? Damage to property is not enough to initiate a personal injury case. You must have sustained injuries to your body, mind, or even emotions. For instance, a car accident resulting in only vehicle damage would not warrant a claim. However, if the crash caused a broken bone, anxiety, depression, or other personal harm, you may have a valid case.
- Did someone else’s negligence cause your injury? In a personal injury case, you must prove that someone was acting carelessly or negligently when they caused your accident and resulting injury. For instance, if you slipped and fell, you must show that the property owner forgot to put out signs when they knew water had been spilled on the floor.
- Do you have recoverable damages? The damages you suffered do not only have to be monetary. You can also be compensated for other losses, such as time off work due to your injuries. If you become disabled, you could potentially receive higher compensation because of the decrease in your quality of life, as well as the extra costs needed to get your home and vehicle better equipped to suit your needs.
In a personal injury case, compensable damages include pain and suffering, medical bills, and much more.
Although you can ask yourself the above questions before moving forward with your claim or lawsuit, it’s best to consult with a St. Paul personal injury lawyer about your case. Our attorneys at Rogosheske, Rogosheske & Atkins, PLLC, will be happy to discuss your circumstances and provide sound counsel about your legal options.
Get a Compassionate Advocate on Your Side
As we mentioned previously, going through the process of filing a personal injury claim on your own can be extremely stressful and emotionally taxing. Even if the insurance company says they’re working for you, they might simply be interested in closing the claim as soon as possible, which might mean they offer a low settlement.
After an accident, focusing on your health and recovery is top priority. Attempting to navigate the process alone may result in your spending hours each day filling out paperwork and researching the things you need to know about personal injury law. This can be a stressful and time-consuming process that could slow your recovery.
Our attorneys will relieve the burdens associated with a personal injury case by handling all the details for you. We will be your support throughout the process and ensure you are properly represented.