When it comes to your legal challenges there is no better advantage than experienced representation. For over 70 years our firm has helped tens of thousands of people achieve great results, and we can do the same for you.
St. Paul Criminal Defense Lawyers
Our Focus Is on the Client
The law firm of Rogosheske, Rogosheske & Atkins, PLLC, has proudly practiced law in South St. Paul for over 70 years. We have immense experience in all aspects of criminal and civil law throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Through a commitment to each of our clients, we provide comprehensive criminal defense and personal injury representation. As criminal defense attorneys, we ensure there are no stones unturned. We have made many connections throughout the years, giving us access to a vast number of resources that we can use to help seek the best conclusion in a criminal defense case.
Schedule a consultation with one of our St. Paul criminal defense or personal injury attorneys by calling (651) 413-9004 or submitting an online contact form.
Throughout our 50+ years of combined experience, we have handled tens of thousands of cases and have obtained favorable outcomes, including not guilty verdicts and just settlements. We know what it takes to get results, and we can provide the legal representation you need for your case.
Representation for Personal Injury Matters
Personal injury matters are extremely complex, and it takes skill and extensive knowledge of the law to seek just compensation. At Rogosheske, Rogosheske & Atkins, PLLC, our St. Paul personal injury lawyers are aware of the tactics insurance companies use to reduce settlements and payout as little as possible. That is why we aggressively negotiate and work toward recovering fair compensation for our clients.
We represent victims of:
- Car accidents: Traffic collisions involving two or more vehicles when one or several drivers may have been at fault.
- Dog bites: This includes being bitten or attacked by someone else’s dog. The owner could be liable for damages.
- Slip and falls: These matters involve injuries sustained because a property owner was negligent in addressing or repairing hazards that caused a person to fall.
- Truck accidents: Collisions involving big rigs can be devastating, as these are massive vehicles that are heavier and taller than passenger cars. Depending on the cause, several parties could be liable.
- Wrongful death: A wrongful death case can arise when a person’s negligence or reckless actions caused the death of another.
Pursuing a personal injury claim involves identifying the responsible party and taking action against them. The determining of the at-fault people or entities requires a thorough investigation and, in some cases, the expertise of accident reconstruction specialists. If successful in their case, victims may be compensated for damages such as lost wages, medical bills, and pain/suffering. Speak with our St. Paul personal injury attorneys about your case.
A Powerhouse in Personal Injury Cases
A Legacy of Hard-Hitting Criminal Defense
A Representative For Creditors & Debtors
Representation for Criminal Cases
Our St. Paul criminal defense attorneys know how the courts work. We have been involved in the Minnesota and Wisconsin court systems for so long that we are well-versed in their rules and operations. We also know what to expect at every stage of a criminal case and can help navigate the complexities of your matter.
In addition to our familiarity with the court system, we also know the prosecution. These are the people who attempt to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, and we are aware of how aggressively they will pursue a charge. Recognizing the strategies prosecutors use allows us to create strong defenses on behalf of our clients.
We handle a range of criminal cases, including:
- Assault: This offense involves attempting to make another fear bodily harm or death or intentionally injuring another. Various defenses can be raised in assault cases, such as self-defense or mistaken identity. A skilled criminal defense lawyer in St. Paul can evaluate the case and determine how to challenge the accusation.
- Domestic assault: A domestic assault arrest and charge can arise when an individual is accused of harming a family or household member. Unfortunately, there are situations in which a report of such an offense is made based on false allegations. Depending on the circumstances, one way to fight the charge is by proving that the alleged victim was trying to get the upper hand in some other legal matter and falsely accused the defendant.
- Drug crimes: Controlled substance offenses include manufacturing, selling, or possessing drugs or drug paraphernalia. Defenses that can be mounted in these cases include, but are not limited to, the defendant did not possess drugs, the substance was not a drug, or the defendant was mistakenly identified as the offender.
- DWI: This offense is categorized into four degrees and can be a felony or misdemeanor. Ways to fight the charge include demonstrating that factors other than alcohol consumption contributed to a BAC over the legal limit or the defendant was subject to an unlawful stop and/or arrest.
- Expungements: This legal vehicle allows those convicted of crimes to seek relief from various hurdles by having qualifying offenses cleared from their criminal records.
- Murder: In Minnesota, murder is categorized as first-, second-, or third-degree. In some cases, defenses such as mistaken identity or justifiable taking of another’s life can be raised.
- Robbery: This offense involves the unlawful taking of another’s property using force, fear, or threats. The defendant, with the help of their St. Paul criminal defense attorney, may be able to challenge the accusation by showing, for example, that they were not the one who took the property.
- Sex crimes: These offenses include criminal sexual conduct, possession or distribution of child pornography, and solicitation of prostitution. The defenses vary depending on the act involved.
- Traffic violations: A person could be ticketed for various types of conduct, such as speeding, careless driving, or failing to obey a traffic control sign or device. The defendant may be able to fight the citation by challenging the officer’s observations or demonstrating that the violation was an honest mistake.
- Violent crimes: Violent crimes include offenses such as murder, manslaughter, assault, robbery, domestic violence, and kidnapping. The defenses that can be raised depend on the situation.
WHEN THE STAKES ARE HIGH, QUALITY MATTERS
6 Reasons Why We're the Best Choice
Serving St. Paul Since 1948
Over 50 Years of Collective Experience
Tens of Thousands of People Helped
Hundreds of Jury Trials Handled
Highly Involved in the Local Legal Community
Prepare Every Case for Trial
Charged with a Crime?Criminal Defense Cases We Handle
Honest & Compassionate Representation
With You Every Step of the Way
You will find that we are very straightforward, while also giving you the compassion and support you need through a difficult time. We give you the information you need when you need it so you can make informed decisions. From start to finish, we advocate for you, your interests, and your future so you can have the best possible quality of life.
Although we know the processes for resolving a criminal defense or personal injury case are similar, we also recognize that each is unique and must be handled with the client’s best interests in mind. Our attorneys will never treat you like just another case. We’ll get to know you and learn about your circumstances to deliver the personalized guidance you need.
Talk to Our Team Today
Schedule a Free Consultation
No Further Jail Time Criminal Defense
Reduction of Charges Criminal Defense
Reduction of Charges Criminal Defense
“He’s well known and respected in Dakota County and gets the job done” - Logan Kent